Uninsured/Untraced Driver Claims

Uninsured Driver Accident Compensation Claim Assistance

The majority of road users have appropriate insurance cover to protect someone else if they cause an accident. Unfortunately, there are an increasing number of motorists who break the law by not possessing this insurance. However, claims for compensation can still be for an uninsured driver accident using the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB). At Ashley Ainsworth we can provide assistance for doing this.

The cost of uninsured drivers affects us all. Around £30 of our insurance premiums goes towards a fund for paying for the damage that uninsured motorists cause.

Obviously most law-abiding drivers would not want to pay this if they had the choice. However, the devastation that uninsured drivers can have on innocent motorists can be severe and most would agree that they would be entitled to some form of compensation – either for the damage to their vehicle or for any personal injuries caused.

Similarly, in the case of untraced (hit and run) drivers, as they haven’t stopped to give their insurance details and if they are not caught by the Police after the accident, the effects are somewhat the same as being involved in an accident with an uninsured driver.

The rules of claiming from the MIB differs slightly in that they are unlikely to pay legal fees. Therefore getting a quality solicitor is important for your chances of securing the maximum amount of compensation available for your injuries with an MIB claim.

Uninsured Driver Statistics

To those who would never dream of driving a car around whilst uninsured, some of the statistics are fairly shocking. They make you realise the problems that uninsured motorists create:

  • The total cost of uninsured motorist damage to law-abiding drivers in the UK stands at around £380million.
  • There are around 900,000 motorists under the age of 30 driving with no insurance.
  • Uninsured drivers are ten times more likely to be over the drink-drive limit.
  • They are three times more likely to be convicted for a dangerous driving offence.
  • Approximately one in ten car drivers has been involved in an accident with an uninsured driver.

Making an Uninsured/Untraced Driver Compensation Claim

If you have been involved in an accident with an uninsured driver you will need to file a claim to the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB). You can do this alone, however we highly recommend using the services of an experienced personal injury claim solicitor. This way they will be able to advise you on exactly how to present your claim to the organisation in order to get the maximum compensation possible.

If you would like our help or advice about making an uninsured/untraced driver claim then don’t hesitate to contact us.

Read some examples of successful road traffic accident compensation claims at Ashley Ainsworth here.

Read some examples of successful Motor Insurance Bureau claims at Ashley Ainsworth here.

Find out what your claim could be worth