Swimming is an enjoyable sport and pastime enjoyed by many people across the country. A surprising 22% of adults and 50% of children regularly enjoy the facilities of local swimming pools. While the vast majority of these never encounter an accident, a small minority suffer injuries that were not their fault.Ashley Ainsworth have years of experience winning compensation for people like you through swimming pool accident compensation claims.
Why not Contact Us now to find out from one of our friendly team if you can make a claim.
Swimming pool accidents
Swimming pools have strict safety regulations they have to follow to ensure the wellbeing of both the general public and staff. There are many different ways accidents can happen, including some of the following examples. Unfortunately children are especially vulnerable to suffering accidents at pools due to their natural excitement and exuberance. Any incidents that do happen should be reported to staff at the centre, and recorded in their accident book.
Some of the incidents that could lead to a successful swimming accident if injury has occurred are shown below.
- Inadequate warning signs around the pool (prohibiting running and noting water depth for example).
- Tripping on broken tiles poolside or in the changing rooms.
- Too high chlorine levels can cause skin burns and eye irritations
- Being injured by someone’s inappropriate behaviour (e.g. running and jumping into the pool without looking). It is the lifeguard’s responsibility to stop people behaving improperly.
- Badly maintained/defective equipment (e.g. loose steps into the pool)
However you have been injured, we are confident we can get you the compensation you deserve and in the quickest possible time.
Making a swimming pool accident claim
Call 08000 93 33 93 or Contact Us now and talk to one of our team about your accident.
At Ashley Ainsworth we have dealt with many cases on a no win no fee basis, and won our clients maximum compensation. Our team is always happy to offer a no obligation chat and answer any questions you may have about making a claim.